Constant Contact focuses on small, nonprofit and new businesses. This email marketing platform is professional with all of the basics these types of businesses need to build audiences and get them engaged.
Many first time users prefer to use Constant Contact for their email marketing needs; however, more established businesses have found a lack of certain advanced features.
Constant Contact Features
Constant Contact Email Templates
Constant Contact offers over 100 customizable, mobile-friendly templates that are simple to edit. You can even enter your website or Facebook URL, and Constant Contact will generate a template for you with a few design options. This template is very basic, but you have the ability to customize it further.
The drag-and-drop editor makes building emails easy and straightforward, with no coding experience required. Simply create your subscriber list on Constant Contact by importing lists from Gmail, Excel, Outlook and more.
If you don’t have a list yet, you can build your subscriber list on Constant Contact through social media or your website.
Constant Contact Reporting
One analytics feature many users love about Constant Contact is the ability to view statistics in real time. The platform tracks basic numbers such as opens, clicks and bounces, and automatically updates your subscriber list based on these stats. A heat map reports individual link stats, giving an overview of most-clicked links and you can compare the results of up to five emails in custom reports.
For those on-the-go, Constant Contact offers an app to check campaign stats via mobile device. Other analytics features include click-based audience segmentation, autoresponder emails with personalized birthday and milestone messages, and the ability to schedule a series of emails. You can also test subject lines to see what resonates with your audience best.
How is customer service and support?
Constant Contact offers live support via phone and online chat. Support over the weekend includes interacting through Twitter and posting a question (or finding the solution to your issue) on the online community board.
At the online Help Center, you’ll also find video tutorials, professional services, and a list of online and in-person seminars. Additionally, industry-based campaign ideas and a blog with resources are available on the website.
- Can integrate apps such as Google Analytics, WordPress, Facebook and more
- Can include coupons, events and surveys in email (PLUS plan)
- Access to high-quality stock photos for free (more available for additional $5 a month)
Constant Contact Pricing
- Up to 500 subscribers – $20, $45 PLUS plan
- Up to 2,500 subscribers – $45, $70 PLUS plan
- Up to 5,000 subscribers – $65, $95 PLUS plan
- Up to 10,000 subscribers – $95, $125 PLUS plan
- Up to 25,000 subscribers – $225, $225 PLUS plan
- 6-month and 12-month prepaid plans receive discounts; nonprofits receive larger discounts
- A 60-day free trial is available, for up to 100 subscribers
What didn’t we like?
- Image Issues – Users have reported difficulty finding previously used images, as well as difficulty placing photos where desired.
- Limited Design Abilities – Users have reported limited customization when designing emails.
- Lack of Advanced Features – While great for new businesses, Constant Contact lacks advanced features such as workflows adjusting to customers’ actions.