Drip is fairly new to the email marketing scene, entering the market in 2013. Despite its young age, many consider Drip to be a lead email marketing platform with its advanced marketing automation tools. The platform is simple and straightforward for the most part, but not recommended for beginners.
Ease of Use
Drip offers both a visual builder and a text builder to create emails. Rather than your typical drag-and-drop editor, Drip’s visual builder uses point-and-click. Click on your design element, then click where you want it to go and voila! There it is in your email. No scrolling while holding down your mouse required. While the visual builder is a bit limited, the text builder offers endless options if you are familiar with HTML coding. Drip also offers a form builder that gives you control over its appearance as well as its behavior and visibility on your website.
Drip tracks opens, clicks, subscribes, unsubscribes, bounces and conversions, and allows you to compare results with other campaigns. The platform also goes more in depth with event tracking, which tracks subscribers’ actions (such as clicking on a link and buying a product) and tags them for future reference. Custom tags on subscribers as well as a point system allow more targeted emails. Build automated email workflows to trigger emails and actions based on customers’ different journeys.
Customer support is available via live chat and email. Drip’s support directory contains a Knowledge Base with guides and tutorials, an active Facebook community, certified consultants and frequently asked questions.
- A/B testing
- eCommerce CRM (ECRM)
- The ability to connect apps through API or integrations
- Offers marketing through other channels like Facebook ads, websites/landing pages, postcards, SMS text messages and more
Sample Pricing (monthly)
- $49 for up to 2,500 subscribers
- $99 for up to 5,000 subscribers
- $149 for up to 10,000 subscribers
- $199 for up to 15,000 subscribers
- $249 for up to 20,000 subscribers
- $299 for up to 25,000 subscribers
- $349 for up to 30,000 subscribers
- $399 for up to 35,000 subscribers
- 14-day free trial available
- Nonprofits receive a 30% discount
- Analytics Reporting Difficult to Navigate – Users have reported that Drip’s reports are located in different sections of the website, making them difficult to navigate and view. A bulk download (into a CSV file) of all stats over a specific period of time is available.
- Difficult Workflow Builder – Users have reported complications using the workflow builder. The builder is not flexible and does not offer drag-and-drop editing. Even after watching tutorials and reading how-to documents, users still found the workflow builder to be confusing.
- Expensive Integrations – Drip offers many integration options, however users have reported that integrations with other platforms are expensive yet limited.
- Restricted Email Builder – Drip does not provide pre-designed templates for you to customize. You must build the email on your own with its point-and-click editor, which users report is limited in its design capabilities. A background in HTML coding is much more beneficial to create custom emails.