Although not a very well known email marketing platform, ONTRAPORT brings powerful marketing tools together in one spot. While its main component is email marketing, ONTRAPORT defines itself as a “visual marketing automation and reporting platform.” ONTRAPORT is a great option for both small and large businesses looking to automate their marketing and sales efforts.
Ease of Use
When creating email campaigns, ONTRAPORT offers a library of pre-designed, mobile-responsive templates, or the option of HTML coding. If using one of ONTRAPORT’s templates, you can customize your email with content blocks. Using the same type of editor and templates, you can create landing pages and sign-up forms. Functional content blocks include coupons and social media buttons. Create segmented contact lists for targeted emails. Once these elements are complete, use ONTRAPORT’s visual campaign builder to create a map of how customers will go through different funnels of your campaign. If this seems intimidating, there are pre-made campaigns with checklists to ensure you’ve completed all elements correctly before going live.
ONTRAPORT tracks basic email campaign statistics like opens, clicks, bounces and unsubscribes, and presents them with visual reports. Your campaign map also tracks statistics, more specifically of each step of your campaign and how your customers are engaging. This map can trigger emails, send specific messages and more based on customers’ actions. You can view statistics for your ONTRAPORT landing page, too. Results are available in real time. ONTRAPORT can predict the results of making certain changes to your campaign, so you can see the most effective approach.
ONTRAPORT offers customer support seven days a week via live chat, phone and email. Other support options include articles, video tutorials, a forum with questions and answers, an active Facebook community and live online workshops. Additionally, each page of the platform offers an “About This Page” icon which explains your current page if clicked. An online blog offers valuable marketing tips and information.
- A/B testing
- CRM software
- eCommerce suite to assist with selling products, managing payments, storing customer information and more
- Offers other forms of communication like SMS text messages, postcards and direct mail
Sample Pricing (monthly)
- Basic Plan
- $79 for up to 1,000 subscribers
- Plus Plan
- $147 for up to 2,500 subscribers
- Pro Plan
- $297 for up to 10,000 subscribers
- Enterprise Plan
- $497 for up to 20,000 subscribers
- Annual subscriptions receive an 18% discount
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Complicated Campaign Builder – Users have reported difficulties building their visual campaign maps. Users claim that the builder is unintuitive and there is a high learning curve even after watching tutorials.
- No Free Trial – ONTRAPORT does not offer a free trial, but does have a 90-day money-back guarantee. This means you will have to pay for the platform, try it and request a refund if desired.
- Difficulty Segmenting Contacts – Users have reported complications segmenting contacts into lists, unless doing so while initially importing contacts.