The number of features offered with online accounting software does depend on the service, as well as the pricing plan. As the norm with anything, the more one pays for a service the more they are prone to receive. There are hundreds of features online accounting software can provide for a small business. Let’s examine some of the most popular…
- Double Entry Accounting: Considered the norm for online accounting software, double entry accounting utilizes at least two accounts for all transactions. Double entry accounting is designed to help with liability and small business equity.
- Transactions Downloading: Importing transactions from a bank account is a really sought after feature with any accounting software. There is no need to feel hesitant about linking bank accounts to online accounting software thanks to the advanced security of these programs.
- Cloud-based Software: All of the software we have reviewed is cloud-based which is considered the new normal. Cloud-based software provides instantaneous updates along with collaboration with multiple users, a necessity for many small businesses. Furthermore, all the vital data of your small business is automatically backed up, which is a nice luxury.
- Tax Help : Reporting tools are a gigantic luxury of online accounting software. It saves immeasurable time and energy on tax prep and helps avoid critical reporting errors that could come back to haunt your small business
- Payment Processing: It is incredible how much time is saved letting accounting software deal with payment processing. The software can help with invoicing, budgeting, receiving and sending payments, and receiving balance sheets.
- Payroll Processing: Dealing with payroll, particular payroll tax, is a recurring annoyance. However, you can eliminate those frustrations by relying on online accounting software to handle payroll.
- Invoicing: Professional looking invoices go a long way in making a small business look legitimate. The best online accounting software features templates to make invoicing a breeze, saving you time and money. Invoicing is one of most resourceful tools for small business owners.
- Mobile App: It is not a necessity, but some online accounting software services provide a mobile app along with the subscription. It’s a nice luxury for SMBs that want to monitor finances on the go.
- Multi-Currency Support: Now with so much business being conducted online, having multi-currency support is a must for SMBs that deal with customers from all around the world. Accounting software can accept different forms of currency but is only really a necessity for certain entrepreneurs.