Online cloud backup systems are a great option to replace computers for meeting this type of information storage need. The reason is because the data is stored in a secure place by a third party. It can be accessed remotely when it is needed, and its security is protected by the individual company. So whether you are running an ice cream shop, or a small law firm, online cloud backup storage systems might be of use to you and to your business.
Any small business that has critical digital information it needs to store safely could greatly benefit from an online backup service. Whether it is payroll information, customer or client data, legal information, employees files, or anything else of importance, an online cloud backup system can be of great use for small businesses. A normal computer is good for temporary or non vital data storage, but computers have a tendency to crash, get viruses, or breakdown in some other capacity. Because of these tendencies, they are oftentimes unreliable for the long term storage of critical business data.
Online cloud backup systems are a great option to replace computers for meeting this type of information storage need. The reason is because the data is stored in a secure place by a third party. It can be accessed remotely when it is needed, and it’s security is protected by the individual company. So whether you are running an ice cream shop, or a small law firm, online cloud backup storage systems might be of use to you and to your business.
What are the best online or cloud backup providers?
There are many companies to choose from when you are trying to select a cloud backup storage provider. If you are simply going for convenience Google drive is a great option. Google drive allows you to upload or copy and past tons of documents in an extremely simple and easy to use format. So if you just want a great, convenient place to store data that is free, Google Drive is a solid option.
According to Computerworld.com, there are five companies which stand out when it comes to keeping your data secure on cloud backup systems. These companies are Backblaze, Carbonite, CrashPlan, MozyHome, and Norton Online Backup.
- Backblaze is only fifty dollars a year. It works with windows and Mac OS X. So it is compatible with anyone using a pc or an apple computer.This is important for convenience. The pros of Backblaze are that is has “unlimited storage space, can help locate lost or stolen notebook, (is) relatively inexpensive, it will send DVDs or hard drive backups, and (it has) fast restorations.” (Computerworld.com..) In other words Backblaze packs a lot of punch when it comes to online backup storage. It is a solid option for you or your company.
- Carbonite is slightly more expensive at fifty nine dollars per year. However, it also has some great features. for example, it’s programs are compatible with windows, OS X, blackberry, android, and iOS. This is good, in case you want to import files from your mobile devices such as phones and iPads. Carbonite also offers the ability to choose the order of file restoration, and provides colored dots to show files to be backed up. These neat features can be useful when you are uploading a lot of files at once.
- Depending how much storage you need, CrashPlan has packages that range from twenty five dollars a year, all the way up to one hundred and twenty dollars a year. Unlike many other companies, CrashPlan also has a free option. However, this option only enables backups to other computers. A strong benefit of CrashPlan is that it can literally back up your entire computer.
- Mozyhome is another great option. Mozy’s packages range from sixty-six dollars per year to one hundred and eleven dollars per year. It is compatible with windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and android. So, it is very flexible with different operating systems. Similar to CrashPlan, Mozy can also back up your entire computer. This makes it a great option.
- Finally, there is Norton Online Backup. Norton Online a backup costs fifty dollars a year. It is compatible with windows, Mac OS X and iOS. It has a very fast data flow and can work on up to five computers. That is a benefit that separates it from the others.